Back to Blog

Have I Found All Natural Anti-Aging? You Bet!

Mar 16, 2017

The global anti-aging market will be worth nearly $200 billion in 2019. 

Every woman my age is looking for anti-aging of some form.

I promote all natural anti-aging. But what about anti-aging treatments for the health of our body, and not just the surface of our skin?

Do the first and the second is a fantastic consequence! Delicious food creates delicious skin!

We know more about the molecular pathways underlying aging and how the foods we eat can affect these pathways to slow down or speed up the clock.

I'm living proof.

Today I'm 50 years old!

I had an intense physical in October and there's absolutely nothing not fabulous about my health! No inflammation, great blood pressure, great cholesterol levels, all fantastic.

When I learned about protecting my telomeres, I became much more focused on my eating properly.

Telomeres may be one key to the aging process. Telomeres protect our DNA by acting as buffers at the ends of chromosomes much like aglets on the end of shoelaces.

The average cell divides between 50 and 70 times before it's death. Each time the cell divides, the telomeres on the end of the chromosome get shorter. Studies have shown that people with long telomeres live longer and healthier lives than people with short telomeres.

The study found that a carotenoid-rich diet was linked to longer telomeres. Boom! Easy!

Another anti-aging mechanism involves the enzyme TOR, which stands for “target of rapamycin.”

It suppresses the immune system and is given to transplant patients to prevent the body from rejecting the new organs, but it also inhibits TOR, an engine of aging and age-related diseases. When TOR is activated, cells grow and divide; but when it’s turned down, cells go into conservation mode and clean up and recycle old proteins.

TOR is described like this...Our TOR runs at 100mph, like a car engine. When it's time to slow down as we age, our TOR keeps going, and gets shredded. We age.

TOR is involved in cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, and other diseases.

Changing our diet may be the best way to slow TOR down.

Aging is complex. Aside from telomere dysfunction and TOR signaling, other molecular pathways as well as genetics can play a role. I don't know who originally said this, but there is a phrase, "You may have been born with the genetics, but it's what you eat that pulls the trigger." I truly believe that.

Luigi Fontana, director of the longevity research program at Washington University in St. Louis, said that about 25 percent of your risk of death is due to genetics. Of the remaining 75 percent, diet is likely the most important factor.

Nothing bothers me more about women in the public eye aging using Botox, and face freezing fillers. I feel sad that they don't see what others see. We see faces that are so unnatural looking, when all these women need to be doing is eating for their telomeres.

If you'd like my anti-aging playbook, sign in to watch my free video and I'll get your telomeres and hormones reversing your aging in your next meal. It's so easy you'll wonder why you never started earlier.

Don't miss a beat!

New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox. 

We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.